Friday 10 May 2013

State of Play

It’s been another rollercoaster week, and I’d be a liar if I didn’t say it was 90% or more good news.
First of all, all my paranoid rantings about surveys proved groundless on this occasion. The valuation survey approved the buyers mortgage, and this morning I sent signed contracts to our solicitors. So that’s all good ... well fantastic really.
The buyers are waiting for some searches to come back (I don’t know what and from where). Then we should be able to firm up a date for moving. Right now today, we could in theory move out on the first weekend of June ... there is of course still some fall through room (but one doesn't want to countenance it if one doesn't have to). We can’t move the second weekend because we are at a wedding, and on the third weekend of June the Moho goes to be fitted out.
We’ve changed our temporary accommodation venue to my brothers flat in Southend, as my mother is having issues with “Wet Macular Degeneration” in one of her eyes and needs a bit of peace and quiet while it gets managed by Moorefields eye hospital (and in all fairness I don’t come with peace and quiet as a default setting).
Finally the future Moho is nearly finished being painted. So as a picture speaks a thousands words, I’ll just shut up and show the pictures so far.

Have a splendid weekend.
Ttfn
Stripped

The Rot

The rot cut out

The rot plated and welded

Filled and primed

Base Coat applied

Top Coat



And now we wait until next Tuesday or Wednesday to get it back ... and then before it's fitted out, we use it to move house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...